- Showery, cool weather prevails this weekend
- Police continue to look for Anne Swaney’s killer
- Strong earthquake shakes southern Taiwan
- Oscillated turkey visits downtown San Ignacio
- Two men injured in shooting incident in Belize City
- Belize prepares action plan against threat of Zika virus
- F.I.U and Customs Department to agree to information-sharing
- New PUP national executive sworn in
- Two teens gunned down in Orange Walk town
- GSU finds firearm and weed in abandoned yard
Armed robbery reported at resort in Burrel Boom
The staff of a resort in Burrel Boom village in the Belize district endured a horrifying armed hold up on Thursday afternoon.
Reports say that around 3 pm, two men rode into the compound of the resort and held up a salesman from a Belize City business establishment.
During the armed robbery, four shots were reportedly fired, but fortunately no one was physically hurt.
The robbers reportedly escaped with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Sources say that the motorcycle on which the robbers arrived and left, was found abandoned in an area between the Burrel Boom Bridge and the CDS Gas Station.
It is believed that the robbers were assisted by a van that was seen in the area. The police investigation into the incident is ongoing.