- Fire guts buildings in Belize City
- Afternoon blaze destroys houses in Santa Elena town
- Hunter killed in shooting incident in Toledo
- New champions of High School softball crowned
- Missing Belize City taxi man’s body found
- Hattieville man murdered
- Burnt body found at garbage dump outside of Belmopan
- COMMENTARY: The other side of the Guanacaste Tree story
- Members elected for Cayo Softball Association executive
- Fatal traffic accident on the Stann Creek Valley Road
Armed robbery reported at resort in Burrel Boom
The staff of a resort in Burrel Boom village in the Belize district endured a horrifying armed hold up on Thursday afternoon.
Reports say that around 3 pm, two men rode into the compound of the resort and held up a salesman from a Belize City business establishment.
During the armed robbery, four shots were reportedly fired, but fortunately no one was physically hurt.
The robbers reportedly escaped with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Sources say that the motorcycle on which the robbers arrived and left, was found abandoned in an area between the Burrel Boom Bridge and the CDS Gas Station.
It is believed that the robbers were assisted by a van that was seen in the area. The police investigation into the incident is ongoing.