- President-elect of Guatemala to call on Prime Minister Barrow
- Bad road conditions keep students from classes
- Police investigate possible case of human trafficking
- BTB awards tourism scholarships
- Police find revolver in abandoned lot
- High School vice principal accused of drug possession
- Police checkpoints appear to be back
- Drier airflow setting in; weather to improve
- Belizeans celebrate Garifuna Settlement Day
- Flood water abate as weather improves
Armed robbery reported at resort in Burrel Boom
The staff of a resort in Burrel Boom village in the Belize district endured a horrifying armed hold up on Thursday afternoon.
Reports say that around 3 pm, two men rode into the compound of the resort and held up a salesman from a Belize City business establishment.
During the armed robbery, four shots were reportedly fired, but fortunately no one was physically hurt.
The robbers reportedly escaped with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Sources say that the motorcycle on which the robbers arrived and left, was found abandoned in an area between the Burrel Boom Bridge and the CDS Gas Station.
It is believed that the robbers were assisted by a van that was seen in the area. The police investigation into the incident is ongoing.