- Cyclist knocked down and killed in Corozal
- Armed robbery in Orange Walk
- Schoolboy gunned down in Belize City
- Sunny skies in the forecast today
- Belize falls to El Salvador in Copa Centroamericana 2017
- Creditors committee reject GOB’s super bond restructuring offer
- Farmer critically injured in Monday night shooting in Toledo
- Improving weather conditions, cloudy skies at times expected
- Trio villager allegedly knocked down by logger
- Government vehicle stolen in San Ignacio town
Armed robbery reported at resort in Burrel Boom
The staff of a resort in Burrel Boom village in the Belize district endured a horrifying armed hold up on Thursday afternoon.
Reports say that around 3 pm, two men rode into the compound of the resort and held up a salesman from a Belize City business establishment.
During the armed robbery, four shots were reportedly fired, but fortunately no one was physically hurt.
The robbers reportedly escaped with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Sources say that the motorcycle on which the robbers arrived and left, was found abandoned in an area between the Burrel Boom Bridge and the CDS Gas Station.
It is believed that the robbers were assisted by a van that was seen in the area. The police investigation into the incident is ongoing.