- Teakettle man stabbed in Roaring Creek village
- Suspect in Santa Elena town double murder listed in critical condition
- Women murdered in Santa Elena town
- People’s United Party calls Sarstoon River restriction “draconian”
- Two police officers get citation for exceptional job performance
- COLA condemns temporary restriction imposed on Sarstoon River
- GOB restricts temporary movement on Belize’s portion of the Sarstoon River
- Police identifies victims of double homicides
- ACP resolution supports Belize’s territorial integrity
- Helicopters for the BDF
Armed robbery reported at resort in Burrel Boom
The staff of a resort in Burrel Boom village in the Belize district endured a horrifying armed hold up on Thursday afternoon.
Reports say that around 3 pm, two men rode into the compound of the resort and held up a salesman from a Belize City business establishment.
During the armed robbery, four shots were reportedly fired, but fortunately no one was physically hurt.
The robbers reportedly escaped with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Sources say that the motorcycle on which the robbers arrived and left, was found abandoned in an area between the Burrel Boom Bridge and the CDS Gas Station.
It is believed that the robbers were assisted by a van that was seen in the area. The police investigation into the incident is ongoing.