- Fire guts buildings in Belize City
- Afternoon blaze destroys houses in Santa Elena town
- Hunter killed in shooting incident in Toledo
- New champions of High School softball crowned
- Missing Belize City taxi man’s body found
- Hattieville man murdered
- Burnt body found at garbage dump outside of Belmopan
- COMMENTARY: The other side of the Guanacaste Tree story
- Members elected for Cayo Softball Association executive
- Fatal traffic accident on the Stann Creek Valley Road
Belize falls shy of a medal in the juvenile Central American volleyball championship
Belize’s junior female national volleyball team concluded their participation in the 15th Women’s U-20 Central American Championship just shy of a medal.
Team Belize suffered back-to-bad defeats, first by Guatemala on Saturday and then by Costa Rica on Sunday to finish with a 3-3 record and a fourth place finish with a total of 12 points.
The bronze medal went to Costa Rica who finished with a 4-2 record and 21 points.
The silver medal went to Nicaragua who finished with a 5-1 record and a total of 24 points.
Guatemala won their second consecutive title of champions of the Women’s U-20 tournament with a perfect 6-0 record and a total of 29 points.
The Coach of Team Belize Lupita Quan is quoted as saying “in life you always want more, I know this is our best ranking ever, but I felt we could’ve done more. We are lacking mental preparation which only comes from more experience with international events and I wish they can start playing harder earlier and not later on tournaments.”