- Cyclist knocked down and killed in Corozal
- Armed robbery in Orange Walk
- Schoolboy gunned down in Belize City
- Sunny skies in the forecast today
- Belize falls to El Salvador in Copa Centroamericana 2017
- Creditors committee reject GOB’s super bond restructuring offer
- Farmer critically injured in Monday night shooting in Toledo
- Improving weather conditions, cloudy skies at times expected
- Trio villager allegedly knocked down by logger
- Government vehicle stolen in San Ignacio town
Belize falls shy of a medal in the juvenile Central American volleyball championship
Belize’s junior female national volleyball team concluded their participation in the 15th Women’s U-20 Central American Championship just shy of a medal.
Team Belize suffered back-to-bad defeats, first by Guatemala on Saturday and then by Costa Rica on Sunday to finish with a 3-3 record and a fourth place finish with a total of 12 points.
The bronze medal went to Costa Rica who finished with a 4-2 record and 21 points.
The silver medal went to Nicaragua who finished with a 5-1 record and a total of 24 points.
Guatemala won their second consecutive title of champions of the Women’s U-20 tournament with a perfect 6-0 record and a total of 29 points.
The Coach of Team Belize Lupita Quan is quoted as saying “in life you always want more, I know this is our best ranking ever, but I felt we could’ve done more. We are lacking mental preparation which only comes from more experience with international events and I wish they can start playing harder earlier and not later on tournaments.”