- Authorities investigate rape of teenager in Benque Viejo del Carmen
- Belize City man shot and killed
- Armed robbery in Big Falls Village
- Family appeals for help in locating loved one
- Rain in the forecast for today
- UDP calls for the removal of Senator Eamon Courtenay
- Sunny skies with cloudy spells today
- Santa Familia fire victims seek public assistance
- BEL helps out senior citizens
- Businessman faces charge for discharging firearm in public
Belize falls shy of a medal in the juvenile Central American volleyball championship
Belize’s junior female national volleyball team concluded their participation in the 15th Women’s U-20 Central American Championship just shy of a medal.
Team Belize suffered back-to-bad defeats, first by Guatemala on Saturday and then by Costa Rica on Sunday to finish with a 3-3 record and a fourth place finish with a total of 12 points.
The bronze medal went to Costa Rica who finished with a 4-2 record and 21 points.
The silver medal went to Nicaragua who finished with a 5-1 record and a total of 24 points.
Guatemala won their second consecutive title of champions of the Women’s U-20 tournament with a perfect 6-0 record and a total of 29 points.
The Coach of Team Belize Lupita Quan is quoted as saying “in life you always want more, I know this is our best ranking ever, but I felt we could’ve done more. We are lacking mental preparation which only comes from more experience with international events and I wish they can start playing harder earlier and not later on tournaments.”