- US Embassy raises LGBT Flag in Belmopan
- Community leaders visit Chalilo dam
- Conch season closes on Friday, June 24
- Parents demonstrate in rural Toledo
- Men’s fast pitch softball marathon held in Roaring Creek
- Man dies in road traffic accident in Corozal
- Fishers busted with out-of-season Lobster tails
- New Health Centre for San Antonio, Cayo
- Mobile patrol finds cannabis and shotgun
- OAS to help Guatemala with transparency and good governance
Belize is represented at Maya ceremony in Guatemala
Belize has representation at a Great Sacred Maya Ceremony being held today Poptun, Peten, Guatemala.
The annual event, which is held on October 12, is taking place in front of the sacred Maya Temple at Tikal.
According to correspondent Aurelio Sho, the ceremony starts with “a night vigil to spark sacred energies of our ancestors” and ends with the ceremony at Tikal.
According to Sho, thousands of Maya people from Guatemala along with a delegation from Jalacte village and other communities in southern Belize are taking part in today’s festivities.
Included in the Belize delegation are representatives of the Tumul K’in Center of Learning and Ak’Kutan Radio.
Sho tells West Vision News that “it’s a time to have the great fire burning for the love of Humanity, the Natural Elements of the Universe and Mother Earth ignited for us as people.”