- Fire guts buildings in Belize City
- Afternoon blaze destroys houses in Santa Elena town
- Hunter killed in shooting incident in Toledo
- New champions of High School softball crowned
- Missing Belize City taxi man’s body found
- Hattieville man murdered
- Burnt body found at garbage dump outside of Belmopan
- COMMENTARY: The other side of the Guanacaste Tree story
- Members elected for Cayo Softball Association executive
- Fatal traffic accident on the Stann Creek Valley Road
Belize is represented at Maya ceremony in Guatemala
Belize has representation at a Great Sacred Maya Ceremony being held today Poptun, Peten, Guatemala.
The annual event, which is held on October 12, is taking place in front of the sacred Maya Temple at Tikal.
According to correspondent Aurelio Sho, the ceremony starts with “a night vigil to spark sacred energies of our ancestors” and ends with the ceremony at Tikal.
According to Sho, thousands of Maya people from Guatemala along with a delegation from Jalacte village and other communities in southern Belize are taking part in today’s festivities.
Included in the Belize delegation are representatives of the Tumul K’in Center of Learning and Ak’Kutan Radio.
Sho tells West Vision News that “it’s a time to have the great fire burning for the love of Humanity, the Natural Elements of the Universe and Mother Earth ignited for us as people.”