- Authorities investigate rape of teenager in Benque Viejo del Carmen
- Belize City man shot and killed
- Armed robbery in Big Falls Village
- Family appeals for help in locating loved one
- Rain in the forecast for today
- UDP calls for the removal of Senator Eamon Courtenay
- Sunny skies with cloudy spells today
- Santa Familia fire victims seek public assistance
- BEL helps out senior citizens
- Businessman faces charge for discharging firearm in public
Belize is represented at Maya ceremony in Guatemala
Belize has representation at a Great Sacred Maya Ceremony being held today Poptun, Peten, Guatemala.
The annual event, which is held on October 12, is taking place in front of the sacred Maya Temple at Tikal.
According to correspondent Aurelio Sho, the ceremony starts with “a night vigil to spark sacred energies of our ancestors” and ends with the ceremony at Tikal.
According to Sho, thousands of Maya people from Guatemala along with a delegation from Jalacte village and other communities in southern Belize are taking part in today’s festivities.
Included in the Belize delegation are representatives of the Tumul K’in Center of Learning and Ak’Kutan Radio.
Sho tells West Vision News that “it’s a time to have the great fire burning for the love of Humanity, the Natural Elements of the Universe and Mother Earth ignited for us as people.”