- Cyclist knocked down and killed in Corozal
- Armed robbery in Orange Walk
- Schoolboy gunned down in Belize City
- Sunny skies in the forecast today
- Belize falls to El Salvador in Copa Centroamericana 2017
- Creditors committee reject GOB’s super bond restructuring offer
- Farmer critically injured in Monday night shooting in Toledo
- Improving weather conditions, cloudy skies at times expected
- Trio villager allegedly knocked down by logger
- Government vehicle stolen in San Ignacio town
Belize is represented at Maya ceremony in Guatemala
Belize has representation at a Great Sacred Maya Ceremony being held today Poptun, Peten, Guatemala.
The annual event, which is held on October 12, is taking place in front of the sacred Maya Temple at Tikal.
According to correspondent Aurelio Sho, the ceremony starts with “a night vigil to spark sacred energies of our ancestors” and ends with the ceremony at Tikal.
According to Sho, thousands of Maya people from Guatemala along with a delegation from Jalacte village and other communities in southern Belize are taking part in today’s festivities.
Included in the Belize delegation are representatives of the Tumul K’in Center of Learning and Ak’Kutan Radio.
Sho tells West Vision News that “it’s a time to have the great fire burning for the love of Humanity, the Natural Elements of the Universe and Mother Earth ignited for us as people.”