- Transport officials meet with bus company representatives from Guatemala
- Footballer needs help with medical bill
- Roman Catholic Church lauds teachers’ contribution to Belize
- New Honduran ambassador to Belize accredited
- PM Barrow goes to Houston with his wife
- Police investigate homicide in Orange Walk
- PUP calls for “fearless” investigation of GSU boss
- Man jailed for 2015 burglary in Placencia
- Trio charged for series of theft around Placencia village
- PUP wants international investigator for Lucas murder case
Belize is represented at Maya ceremony in Guatemala
Belize has representation at a Great Sacred Maya Ceremony being held today Poptun, Peten, Guatemala.
The annual event, which is held on October 12, is taking place in front of the sacred Maya Temple at Tikal.
According to correspondent Aurelio Sho, the ceremony starts with “a night vigil to spark sacred energies of our ancestors” and ends with the ceremony at Tikal.
According to Sho, thousands of Maya people from Guatemala along with a delegation from Jalacte village and other communities in southern Belize are taking part in today’s festivities.
Included in the Belize delegation are representatives of the Tumul K’in Center of Learning and Ak’Kutan Radio.
Sho tells West Vision News that “it’s a time to have the great fire burning for the love of Humanity, the Natural Elements of the Universe and Mother Earth ignited for us as people.”