- Authorities investigate rape of teenager in Benque Viejo del Carmen
- Belize City man shot and killed
- Armed robbery in Big Falls Village
- Family appeals for help in locating loved one
- Rain in the forecast for today
- UDP calls for the removal of Senator Eamon Courtenay
- Sunny skies with cloudy spells today
- Santa Familia fire victims seek public assistance
- BEL helps out senior citizens
- Businessman faces charge for discharging firearm in public
Belmopan boy needs help to get Leukemia treatment
The family of a 12 year old boy diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia is appealing to the public for assistance in getting him to the United States for treatment.
The boy, Henry Griffin, has been undergoing tests in Chetumal, Mexico to determine the type of Leukemia he has and the results came back today.
The family says they need the financial resources for Henry and his mom to travel to the US and more importantly, to identify a hospital in the US that will be able to take on treatment of the boy as a charity case.
Anyone who can offer assistance is asked to contact Pastor Lee Brockinton at LifeNet church in Belmopan. The telephone number is: 629-7386. Or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.