- Fire guts buildings in Belize City
- Afternoon blaze destroys houses in Santa Elena town
- Hunter killed in shooting incident in Toledo
- New champions of High School softball crowned
- Missing Belize City taxi man’s body found
- Hattieville man murdered
- Burnt body found at garbage dump outside of Belmopan
- COMMENTARY: The other side of the Guanacaste Tree story
- Members elected for Cayo Softball Association executive
- Fatal traffic accident on the Stann Creek Valley Road
Burnt body found at garbage dump outside of Belmopan
Belmopan, CAYO. Monday, March 13, 2017. The weekend’s third murder is a matter being investigated by police in the nation’s capital, Belmopan.
Authorities say that on Saturday afternoon, they received reports of a body found at the dump site, four miles outside of Belmopan.
On arrival, police say officers found the charred remains of what appeared to be a human body that was burnt beyond recognition.
Investigators in Belmopan have determined that the body is that of a woman.
Police are hoping that tattoos visible on the portion of the body that was not burnt will help to identify the murder victim as their investigation continues to determine whose body it is and the circumstances that led to the homicide and subsequent disposal of the body.