- Cyclist knocked down and killed in Corozal
- Armed robbery in Orange Walk
- Schoolboy gunned down in Belize City
- Sunny skies in the forecast today
- Belize falls to El Salvador in Copa Centroamericana 2017
- Creditors committee reject GOB’s super bond restructuring offer
- Farmer critically injured in Monday night shooting in Toledo
- Improving weather conditions, cloudy skies at times expected
- Trio villager allegedly knocked down by logger
- Government vehicle stolen in San Ignacio town
Duo busted with illegal lobster tails
Two men are in trouble with the law for allegedly being in possession of illegal lobster tails.
Anthony Sutherland, 36 and Lynton Wagner, 50, were intercepted on Sunday afternoon on Coney Drive in Belize City.
Police say they had in their possession a plastic bag with a large quantity of small lobster tails.
Police say that Sutherland and Wagner were along with their bag full of lobster tails were handed over to the Fisheries Department.
When the bag was opened and checked in the presence of the two men, police say a total of 152 lobster tails assessed at a total value of $7,600 were found.
Sutherland and Wagner were jointly charged for the crime of possession of illegal lobster.