- US Embassy raises LGBT Flag in Belmopan
- Community leaders visit Chalilo dam
- Conch season closes on Friday, June 24
- Parents demonstrate in rural Toledo
- Men’s fast pitch softball marathon held in Roaring Creek
- Man dies in road traffic accident in Corozal
- Fishers busted with out-of-season Lobster tails
- New Health Centre for San Antonio, Cayo
- Mobile patrol finds cannabis and shotgun
- OAS to help Guatemala with transparency and good governance
Duo busted with illegal lobster tails
Two men are in trouble with the law for allegedly being in possession of illegal lobster tails.
Anthony Sutherland, 36 and Lynton Wagner, 50, were intercepted on Sunday afternoon on Coney Drive in Belize City.
Police say they had in their possession a plastic bag with a large quantity of small lobster tails.
Police say that Sutherland and Wagner were along with their bag full of lobster tails were handed over to the Fisheries Department.
When the bag was opened and checked in the presence of the two men, police say a total of 152 lobster tails assessed at a total value of $7,600 were found.
Sutherland and Wagner were jointly charged for the crime of possession of illegal lobster.