- Authorities investigate rape of teenager in Benque Viejo del Carmen
- Belize City man shot and killed
- Armed robbery in Big Falls Village
- Family appeals for help in locating loved one
- Rain in the forecast for today
- UDP calls for the removal of Senator Eamon Courtenay
- Sunny skies with cloudy spells today
- Santa Familia fire victims seek public assistance
- BEL helps out senior citizens
- Businessman faces charge for discharging firearm in public
Duo busted with illegal lobster tails
Two men are in trouble with the law for allegedly being in possession of illegal lobster tails.
Anthony Sutherland, 36 and Lynton Wagner, 50, were intercepted on Sunday afternoon on Coney Drive in Belize City.
Police say they had in their possession a plastic bag with a large quantity of small lobster tails.
Police say that Sutherland and Wagner were along with their bag full of lobster tails were handed over to the Fisheries Department.
When the bag was opened and checked in the presence of the two men, police say a total of 152 lobster tails assessed at a total value of $7,600 were found.
Sutherland and Wagner were jointly charged for the crime of possession of illegal lobster.