- Authorities investigate rape of teenager in Benque Viejo del Carmen
- Belize City man shot and killed
- Armed robbery in Big Falls Village
- Family appeals for help in locating loved one
- Rain in the forecast for today
- UDP calls for the removal of Senator Eamon Courtenay
- Sunny skies with cloudy spells today
- Santa Familia fire victims seek public assistance
- BEL helps out senior citizens
- Businessman faces charge for discharging firearm in public
Rain causes localized flooding in Georgeville
The continous rain all day on Wednesday caused localized flooding in several spots along the George Price Highway in the Cayo district.
The area near the cemetery in Georgeville was nearly impassable around 4:30 pm as swiftly flowing water a couple of inches deep flowed across the road.
About two hours later, much of the water had run off. A number of other area between Georgeville and San Ignacio town were also affected and many drains were on the brink of spilling over.