- Cyclist knocked down and killed in Corozal
- Armed robbery in Orange Walk
- Schoolboy gunned down in Belize City
- Sunny skies in the forecast today
- Belize falls to El Salvador in Copa Centroamericana 2017
- Creditors committee reject GOB’s super bond restructuring offer
- Farmer critically injured in Monday night shooting in Toledo
- Improving weather conditions, cloudy skies at times expected
- Trio villager allegedly knocked down by logger
- Government vehicle stolen in San Ignacio town
Rain causes localized flooding in Georgeville
The continous rain all day on Wednesday caused localized flooding in several spots along the George Price Highway in the Cayo district.
The area near the cemetery in Georgeville was nearly impassable around 4:30 pm as swiftly flowing water a couple of inches deep flowed across the road.
About two hours later, much of the water had run off. A number of other area between Georgeville and San Ignacio town were also affected and many drains were on the brink of spilling over.