- Authorities investigate rape of teenager in Benque Viejo del Carmen
- Belize City man shot and killed
- Armed robbery in Big Falls Village
- Family appeals for help in locating loved one
- Rain in the forecast for today
- UDP calls for the removal of Senator Eamon Courtenay
- Sunny skies with cloudy spells today
- Santa Familia fire victims seek public assistance
- BEL helps out senior citizens
- Businessman faces charge for discharging firearm in public
Sun Breaks Up The Cold Spell
The sun came out in full force on Friday morning, a welcome change in the weather after a week-long blanket of chilly temperatures and rain.
The Belize Weather Bureau says that warmer and drier conditions have started to set in.
The general forecast for Belize and her coastal waters is for cloudy skies with sunny periods today.
Tonight will be partly cloudy. Winds are easterly to southeasterly at 5 to 15 knots, producing choppy sea conditions.
High temperatures today will reach 82 degrees Fahrenheit along the coast; 86 degrees Fahrenheit inland and a comfortable 72 degrees Fahrenheit up in the hills.
Low temperatures tonight will range from 70 degrees Fahrenheit along coastal areas to 64 degrees Fahrenheit inland.
It will be a cool 61 degrees Fahrenheit up at the exposed areas of the Mountain Pine Ridge and along the Maya Mountains in the south.
The tides: A low tide occurs at 11:30 am, followed by a high tide at 5:46 pm. The sun will set at 5:35 pm and rise again at 6:26 am on Saturday.
The moon comes up at 1:28 pm and will set at 2:38 am on Saturday. The extended forecast valid through to Sunday is for partly cloudy skies with only isolated showers.
That’s a brief summary of the weather in Belize this Friday, with information provided by forecaster Frank Tench Junior at the Belize Weather Bureau.