- Fire guts buildings in Belize City
- Afternoon blaze destroys houses in Santa Elena town
- Hunter killed in shooting incident in Toledo
- New champions of High School softball crowned
- Missing Belize City taxi man’s body found
- Hattieville man murdered
- Burnt body found at garbage dump outside of Belmopan
- COMMENTARY: The other side of the Guanacaste Tree story
- Members elected for Cayo Softball Association executive
- Fatal traffic accident on the Stann Creek Valley Road
Belize represented at “Silk Road” forum in South Korea
Belize City Councilor Dion Leslie has traveled to Yeosu, South Korea.
There, Mr. Leslie will represent Belize City Mayor Darrell Bradley at the 8th Silk Road Mayors Forum.
The three day event opens on Tuesday and continues through Thursday in Yeosu, South Jeolla Province.
Organizers expect over 300 officials, including 70 mayors from 30 countries as well as representatives from the United Nationals and other international organizations.
The Forum is being held under the theme: “Harmony of Global Civilization and New Silk Road.”
Pre-forum information news reports in South Korean say that participants will discuss three main issues, including citizen participation for cultivating a “Silk Road spirit,” educational tourism development and global infrastructure development via the Silk Road.
Published reports explain that the Silk Road is a series of ancient trade routes that extended from China to the Mediterranean.
It should also be pointed out that Belize City and Yeosu, South Korea are Sister Cities.