- Fire guts buildings in Belize City
- Afternoon blaze destroys houses in Santa Elena town
- Hunter killed in shooting incident in Toledo
- New champions of High School softball crowned
- Missing Belize City taxi man’s body found
- Hattieville man murdered
- Burnt body found at garbage dump outside of Belmopan
- COMMENTARY: The other side of the Guanacaste Tree story
- Members elected for Cayo Softball Association executive
- Fatal traffic accident on the Stann Creek Valley Road
Flooding in rural Toledo district strands students
Underneath all this water is a bridge.
The sudden rise in water levels this afternoon left students of both the Toledo Community College and Julian Cho Technical High School stranded.
According to Aurelio Sho of Ak’ kutan Radio, the bridge at Blue Creek was submerged, preventing children from villages and communities beyond Blue Creek from returning home.
Villages that are beyond Blue Creek include Aguacate, Jordan, San Benito Poite, Santa Teresa, Mabilha, San Lucas, Corazon, Otoxha and Dolores.