- Cyclist knocked down and killed in Corozal
- Armed robbery in Orange Walk
- Schoolboy gunned down in Belize City
- Sunny skies in the forecast today
- Belize falls to El Salvador in Copa Centroamericana 2017
- Creditors committee reject GOB’s super bond restructuring offer
- Farmer critically injured in Monday night shooting in Toledo
- Improving weather conditions, cloudy skies at times expected
- Trio villager allegedly knocked down by logger
- Government vehicle stolen in San Ignacio town
Flooding in rural Toledo district strands students
Underneath all this water is a bridge.
The sudden rise in water levels this afternoon left students of both the Toledo Community College and Julian Cho Technical High School stranded.
According to Aurelio Sho of Ak’ kutan Radio, the bridge at Blue Creek was submerged, preventing children from villages and communities beyond Blue Creek from returning home.
Villages that are beyond Blue Creek include Aguacate, Jordan, San Benito Poite, Santa Teresa, Mabilha, San Lucas, Corazon, Otoxha and Dolores.