- Fire guts buildings in Belize City
- Afternoon blaze destroys houses in Santa Elena town
- Hunter killed in shooting incident in Toledo
- New champions of High School softball crowned
- Missing Belize City taxi man’s body found
- Hattieville man murdered
- Burnt body found at garbage dump outside of Belmopan
- COMMENTARY: The other side of the Guanacaste Tree story
- Members elected for Cayo Softball Association executive
- Fatal traffic accident on the Stann Creek Valley Road
Trio villager allegedly knocked down by logger
Trio village, TOLEDO. Monday, January 16, 2017. A resident of Trio village in the Toledo district, Charles Dewey Sellers, is recuperating from injuries sustained over the weekend in a confrontation with loggers.
Sellers says that on Saturday he saw a couple of persons who were identified as loggers and he went over to question them about their activities in the area which is near to his house.
Sellers says that at first, the driver of the pickup truck stopped and he asked to see the permit they had to cut wood in the area.
That was when the father of the man who was driving the pickup truck said to “go, go,” and the driver sped off.
“I am in bad pain,” Sellers told PGTV News via telephone on Monday morning as he prepared to go to the Southern Regional Hospital in Dangriga for medical attention.
Sellers says that it is his understanding that the police picked up the person who was driving the logging truck that ran him over; but it is not certain if any charges have been brought against that man.
We’ll continue following the story.
This report is sponsored by: