- Transport officials meet with bus company representatives from Guatemala
- Footballer needs help with medical bill
- Roman Catholic Church lauds teachers’ contribution to Belize
- New Honduran ambassador to Belize accredited
- PM Barrow goes to Houston with his wife
- Police investigate homicide in Orange Walk
- PUP calls for “fearless” investigation of GSU boss
- Man jailed for 2015 burglary in Placencia
- Trio charged for series of theft around Placencia village
- PUP wants international investigator for Lucas murder case
YWCA provides training for women in rural Toledo district
A training program designed to assist enterprising young women from rural communities in the Toledo district is nearing completion.
The training is part of a project being implemented by the Young Women’s Christian Association, the YWCA.
Teresa Hinds is one of the facilitators, and she spoke with our Toledo correspondent Juan Caal.
According to Hinds, the YWCA is conducting various programs that are due for completion by the end of the year, at which a graduation for the participants will be held.
West Vision also spoke with one of the participants who is excited about the future, having taken part in the training project.