- US Embassy raises LGBT Flag in Belmopan
- Community leaders visit Chalilo dam
- Conch season closes on Friday, June 24
- Parents demonstrate in rural Toledo
- Men’s fast pitch softball marathon held in Roaring Creek
- Man dies in road traffic accident in Corozal
- Fishers busted with out-of-season Lobster tails
- New Health Centre for San Antonio, Cayo
- Mobile patrol finds cannabis and shotgun
- OAS to help Guatemala with transparency and good governance
YWCA provides training for women in rural Toledo district
A training program designed to assist enterprising young women from rural communities in the Toledo district is nearing completion.
The training is part of a project being implemented by the Young Women’s Christian Association, the YWCA.
Teresa Hinds is one of the facilitators, and she spoke with our Toledo correspondent Juan Caal.
According to Hinds, the YWCA is conducting various programs that are due for completion by the end of the year, at which a graduation for the participants will be held.
West Vision also spoke with one of the participants who is excited about the future, having taken part in the training project.